Friday, June 13, 2008

...how oldies define how old you are.

"What music would you like to listen to?"

Being a hospitable host, I naturally offered my guest her pick of songs.

"Oldies."

I wasn't that keen to listen to oldies for lunch. But then, I gotta please my guest, right?

So in my head, I went through a mental list of oldies that I have in my collection. My hand was in the verge of reaching out to a CD when suddenly the back of my mind screamed...

"Chotto matte!"

I slowly turned to her, debating whether to ask or not to ask... and I asked:

"When you said oldies, what era did you mean?"

"Songs from the 80s-lah."

Gulp!

I was actually gonna take out the CD with songs from the 60s.
I was even prepared to hear her answering the 70s.
But 80s??

That's pushing it. That made me feel... old.

No comments: