Thursday, June 19, 2008

...allergic reactions that irritate her.

For the past one year, my allergic reactions have increased. Dare I blame in on Penang polluted air? The frequency can be like once in every two months. If I ran out of eye drops or pills, the symptoms can drag on for one to two weeks till I finally go visit the doctor for supplies.

Well, the point is whenever I get these "attacks", I am not in my top form. I will be feeling miserable. Sick but not sick enough. I can't see properly yet I need to use my eyes so much. My nose will be twitching uncontrollably. A-choo! I need to have tissue papers at my beck and call. Can't live without them. I also can't sleep well, can't breathe well and can't concentrate well. Well, I am (not) in the well.

Recently, I also succumbed to another variation of allergy. It's what I term as "can't stand it when people don't get it going". In other words, it's the NATO syndrome. No Action Talk Only. The symptoms? I am also not my usual self. I get irritated with the people involved. This will magnify through my tone of voice, my choice of words, and my constant non-verbal cues. I don't like myself when I am in this condition. I am me, yet not me.

I need a cure, not prescription. For both.

No comments: