Saturday, April 28, 2007

...the horrendous traffic in the city.

sometimes i wonder why i even bother. to drive. it's giving me stress. it's making me impatient. it's making my blood boil hot red.

lately the traffic has been terrible. last night, i was crawling to my destination. it wasn't even raining at that time. no visible accidents. just cars. lots and lots of them on the road. it took me more than one hour. to reach my friend's place. i was expecting only a half hour journey. based on past experience. on a friday night.

there i was. drumming my fingers on the steering wheel. in tune with the pounding of my head. fortunately i had a bite earlier. or my stomach will join in the symphony.

i tried to relax. i made a point to be nice. a courteous driver. i guess i was ok. coz this time, i didn't have to rush there. no pressure to be on time. just be there. that made the difference.

i missed the times when i was driven around. i missed having friends to pick me up. to send me home. to chat with while stuck in the traffic. i missed being dependent on others.

that's the price of getting a car of my own.

No comments: