Monday, June 08, 2009

...flower moon, thou art beautiful.

I love a full moon in the dark sky.

Do you know that there is a traditional name for each month's full moon? In June, she is known as Flower Moon.

Flower Moon is smiling very brightly outside my lanai tonight. Don't you agree that she's so beautiful? Sweet, unassuming, peaceful... Her light is not overpowering but illuminating.

A full moon evokes romance. What's romantic to me is gazing at the moon with my darling. With just a soft breeze as witness to the comfortable silence of love.

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On Jupiter and Mars
In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby, kiss me.

Fill my heart with song
And let me sing forevermore
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore
In other words, please be true
In other words, I love you.

Goodnight bright and beautiful moon!

No comments: