Tuesday, March 31, 2009

...declaring April a "SSM" month.

It is ironic that SSM* month will be the same month I'm declaring my tax. Let's hope I get a tax refund but I doubt it, knowing that I am going to encounter the same old hassle and emotional stress of proving that tax has been deducted from my salary but not remitted by ex, ex company. Argh! But that's another story and I don't want to resort to profanity here (I don't and I won't).

So why the SSM month?

I've over-spent or almost over-spent my hard earned money for the last 4 months. No doubt December, January and February have the excuse of being festive months, but not March. Unless March is defined as March my Money away festival. Due to the generosity of a few friends (God works in wonderful ways - without declaring I'm broke, a few of my last meals of the month were "sponsored"), I was able to avoid a deficit. Yep, I managed to save RM3.90. Pathetic.

Therefore, the idea of SSM month is hatched.

Please join me in celebrating SSM month with no cost. Literally. Ok, that's impossible. Let's revise. With low cost. Minimal expenses. Freeloading??

Now let's see what's on my agenda for April.
- Watch Shopaholic movie.
- Get new running shoes.
- Attend salsa workshop.

Hmm... all involve money. Let's see what we can do in the spirit of SSM.
- Watch Shopaholic movie on Wednesdays or before 6pm for cheaper rate. (Better still, borrow the DVD from someone. Anyone?)
- Get new running shoes when there's a sale of more than 20% discount or only when my big toe is peeping out of my current shoes. (Don't buy branded overpriced ones, no matter how good people say they are)
- Attend only 1 salsa workshop. (Perhaps no salsa night out for April?)

Oh boy, this is tough. How am I gonna have fun without spending too much money? How am I going to survive April? Is it really that difficult to live in this world without money? Answer: Yes.

I really do feel for those who are hard hit by the current economy turmoil. I'm not well off but at least I'm not suffering in poverty. I thank God for his providence.

So, I now hereby officially declare April 2009 a SSM month.

Footnote:
SSM = Save Sue's Money

1 comment:

db said...

if you budget yor meals you may be able to fit in the movie.. ahemm ahemm..