Thursday, November 08, 2007

...fireworks from my balcony.

This proves it! Penang has a lot of rich people. Why do I say so? Coz I have seen and heard numerous fireworks ever since I came to stay here.

I've enjoyed several beautiful fireworks displays from the comfort of my balcony. The scene was just a few streets away. At one point, on the eve of Deepavali, there were 3 displays at the same time. One was towards my right, in front of this new regal apartment. The other was just in front of me, beyond the rooftop of another block in my apartment. And the last one was somewhere behind, which I couldn't see except for the flashes of light reflection. It was magnificent! The only thing missing was a champagne flute on my hand and a handsome guy with his arms around me. ;-)

The best fireworks memory in Penang was the one I saw last Sunday night. I was on the bus heading back to Penang, crossing the bridge, when I saw the colourful display of lights from afar. I presume that it was somewhere near the jetty area. The display lasted for almost the whole journey across the bridge. I was fortunate to sit at the right side of the bus. It was a wonderful experience.

As per my resolution a couple of blogs before this, I've invited Conan to share my joy. He only managed to take a few shots due to lack of energy. So, this grainy video is the first Penang audio visual stuff that I'm sharing with you. Err... try to enjoy-lah.


No comments: