Wednesday, April 25, 2007

...changing the 'C's to colour up my life.

No, it's not about improving my grades. I'm not under that kind of pressure anymore. Not that I ever was. But I do feel sorry for those of you who are studying in this era.

So what are the 3 'C's that I need to change? It was kind of an epiphany revealed to me by my sis.
  1. Change Church
  2. Change Clothes
  3. Change Career

A lot of people "advise" me about no. 1 but I shall not, in this posting, talk about that.

I shall reserve no. 3 for later when I feel like dwelling further into it.

The most interesting of this lot is no. 2. One of girl's hot topics. My sis said (supported by my bro-in-law) that I dress like an old lady. Hmm... okie... maybe that was not exactly what she said but that's the point she is trying to make. You know... that my clothes make me look like an aunty. Exclude the fact that I AM an aunt.

So, what I did was to make her pinpoint which of my clothes, did she think, made me look older. Well, we were halfway through that when I got interrupted, so our discussion has yet to be continued.

Anyways, I sort of do agree with her that I need to revamp my wardrobe. Too many blacks and browns. Too many plain mono colour designs. Too many baggy loose stuff. I do have reasons why I chose those (comfort being the main reason) and not others. Sometimes, I think I do dress a bit too conservatively.

So, now I'm accepting fashion advice from any fashion gurus out there. Tell me, what must I have in my wardrobe? How should I dress to maximise the "me" in me? What kind of outer look should I portray (does it also reflect the inner me)?

In the meantime, I will go shop shop (to actually buy is a totally different story), then I go chop chop (away with clothes that I don't wear anymore but still keep in the wardrobe), and finally hop hop around town with the hopefully new look?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you should also thank your sis for volunteering to shop with you & buy you an item (to reduce your cost) as a birthday present! Some credit should go to me! Hahaha!

Also, here are some tips to gather more comments on the topic : why don't you briefly describe your body shape & your likes so that fashion gurus out there can provide practical suggestions?

Here's another tip : How about inviting guys to comment how they would like to see a girl dressed?

Susan